Planning & Building Branch
The Building Branch is under the direct control of Sh. Tilak Raj, Additional Commissioner-I. The Building Branch of the Municipal Corporation was established in the year 2007 by creating one Post of Divisional Town Planner and Two posts of Assistant Town Planner for preparation of development plan of Village Hallo Majra, Kajheri, Palsora, Maloya and Dadu Majra in a planned manner.
Sub Divisional Engineer
The Building By-laws of the villages falling under the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation are being enforced and consequently a Building Plan Approval Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Additional Commissioner and the following are the members:-
1. Additional Commissioner I.
2. Chief Fire Officer.
3. Executive Engineer, Road Division No. 2.
4. Executive Engineer, Public Health Division.
5. Executive Engineer, Electrical.
7.Sub Divisional Engineer, Building.(Convenor)
The check list for submitting the building plan is as under:-
1. The following plan should be prepared by the qualified Architect.
2. Location Plan of the site.
3. Building plan alongwith front rear side Elevation Section (Qua-druplicate) alongwith Form-A, Form-C and Form-J.
4. Proof of ownership of property duly verified by Tehsildar.
5. Undertaking/affidavit for following the Building Rules, 2017 for villages for erection/re-erection of buildings.
Security in shape of Bank Draft
A) Residential :- 750/-
b) Commercial :- Rs. 2000/-
d) Conversion Chargers : @ 1200 per Sq yds for Commercial
C and D charges as per the rules.
e) Development Charges as per Rules:-
Formula :- Width of Road X front of Plot x 50
Check list for obtaining N.O.C for Water, Sewerage and Electricity connection.
1) Application addressed to Additional Commissioner I M.C.C for obtaining the required N.O.C i.e. for water ,Sewerage and Electricity.
2) Sale deed
3) Ownership Proof
5) Photograph of Owner with Building
6) Building Plan
8) Indemnity Bond
Enforcement of Building Rules
(i) For orderly development of villages the building rules are being enforced affectively and violation if any in erection/re-erection of building is informed to the owner by serving the notice for demolition of unauthorized construction. If the violation is not set right by the owner then the enforcement staff of the Municipal Corporation take appropriate action to set right the violation.
(ii) Drive for removal of encroachment on Govt. land falling under the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh.